Upcoming Events Ticker
  • Bowlage
    Bowlage

Shuttered Patchogue Bowling Alley Finally Gets Approval for Construction

Sign in to follow this  

The full story can be viewed by Clicking here!

It's been two and a half years. We finally know what's happening in Patchogue. 

A major hotel chain is planning to build a 116-room hotel on the riverfront in Patchogue.

The proposed six-floor facility at 138 West Ave. would include 16 apartments, large event spaces, a spacious gym and a rooftop restaurant and bar featuring a 3,000-square-foot outdoor seating area. The original property, Bowl Long Island at Patchogue, which closed permanently in November 2021, would be razed.

It’s a project that would change the landscape of Patchogue and cement the village as a key destination point on Long Island’s South Shore.

For longtime Mayor Paul Pontieri, seeing a modern hotel built in Patchogue would be an administrative dream come true. Reached Thursday night, the mayor was uber-confident that the proposed project will come to fruition.

“I’m giving this an A-plus chance of happening,” he told GreaterLongIsland.com. “This was one of the first promises I made when I became mayor 20 years ago. I have made good on most of the others.”

Pontieri, who would not disclose the name of the hotel chain, added that if plans for the hotel are indeed approved, he would be comfortable in ending his time as mayor, with his commitment to the community fully etched into the village’s history.

Previous owner, Rob Eggert, made a post on Facebook as well earlier tonight regarding the long-anticipated  news. 

Screenshot_20240126_014900_Facebook.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Advertisement

The Bowlage.com Website contains the most complete, collective list of Bowling Tournaments and Upcoming Events in the Northeastern US!

However, we do miss some tournaments.  If you'd like to add a new tournament to the Upcoming Events Section of the Website, Click Here to Submit Your New Tournament!

Please make sure the tournament isn't already listed so there are no duplicate entries.