Upcoming Events Ticker
  • Bowlage
    Bowlage

Tack Opens Up About The Future of NJSB and Metro Sport Bowling

Sign in to follow this  

Bowlage.com had a chance to catch up with popular Sports Pattern Tournament Director Greg Tack on the future of New Jersey Sport Bowling in an interview-style format and it's something all local bowlers are going to want to follow.  Continue reading to see what Tack has in store for 2024 and beyond:

1. Rumor is you've started a new organization.  Please share what the name of the new organization is and how it runs in relation to NJSB?
      • Greg Tack: So yes, I started a new organization.  It's called Metro Sport Bowling and it runs tournaments in the expanded region.  This is an entirely separate entity with an increased focus on research and development, while advocating for sport bowling tournaments in the northeastern states.
    2. What is this expanded region?
      • GT: New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware are first targets. 
    3. So all of the tournaments will be using this new Metro Sport Bowling name and company? 
      • GT: Yes.  I will still be running tournaments.  I'm just increasing focus on a few other things.  
    4. Why did you decide to create this new entity with the new Metro Sport Bowling name?
      • GT: I wanted to expand [to other areas].  It's kind of silly to have NJSB run tournaments in other states lol.  I already run tournaments in PA and have run in NY.  I was trying to figure out what a new group would look like because NJSB, the page and group, has an established base.
    5. When did you start this new organization?
      • GT: The organization started technically in 2022.  It's an official LLC.  I just made the Facebook Pages for it.
    6. How many tournaments in total do you plan on running for 2024?
      • GT: 4 Total per year.
    7. What are your plans for the future of Metro Sport Bowling?
      • GT: I have some cool formats that I want to do, including: a version of the Peterson, the first sanctioned, string-pin tournament, tournaments run by people other than me. We have different objectives that go beyond tournaments. 
    8. What are those objectives?
      • GT: We plan on doing research, consulting and pattern developing.  Again, I want people to understand that I will still be running tournaments.  I'm not going anywhere.  I just wanted to add an additional layer to researching trends as well as pattern development.  I chose to use a new name because this isn't just New Jersey.

Some great stuff here by Greg Tack on the future of Metro Sport Bowling. Check out his new Facebook Group Page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/910754550485975

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Advertisement

The Bowlage.com Website contains the most complete, collective list of Bowling Tournaments and Upcoming Events in the Northeastern US!

However, we do miss some tournaments.  If you'd like to add a new tournament to the Upcoming Events Section of the Website, Click Here to Submit Your New Tournament!

Please make sure the tournament isn't already listed so there are no duplicate entries.