Upcoming Events Ticker
  • Bowlage
    Bowlage

Bans Placed on All Non-Essential Businesses in NY, NJ, CT - Are Bowling Centers Affected?

Sign in to follow this  

This morning, the governors of NY, NJ and CT decided to close ALL non-essential businesses statewide to quell the spread of the novel coronavirus disease.  This move mimics the move that NYC took yesterday in placing bans on all non-essential businesses throughout the city.  All restaurants, gyms, bars, lounges, movie theaters and non-essential businesses will be closed as of 8PM Monday night (tonight).

So . . . what does this mean for bowling alleys?

Unfortunately, this DOES apply to bowling alleys as well.  By order, ALL bowling alleys in the NY, NJ and CT areas MUST be closed as of 8PM tonight.  The question is . . . are TONIGHT's leagues still on?  This will be handled on a case-by-case basis.  Right now, as of this article being published, I know that the Monday night leagues at Bowl Long Island at Patchogue and Ultra Lanes Massapequa are ON!  As far as I'm hearing, as long as the league starts BEFORE 8 PM tonight, it will be on, but again, you must call your local bowling alleys to see if your leagues are on tonight. As for tomorrow and going forward, all bowling centers will be closed in these 3 states.

The question is, when will alleys re-open?  As of now, this is being taken on a day-by-day basis.  Speaking to one particular GM of a L.I. house, they have received no word of when they will be allowed to re-open.  So, for now, bowling life as know it has been grounded to a halt.  More info will come as it is released.

You can read the NYT article below:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

Edited by Bowlage

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Advertisement

The Bowlage.com Website contains the most complete, collective list of Bowling Tournaments and Upcoming Events in the Northeastern US!

However, we do miss some tournaments.  If you'd like to add a new tournament to the Upcoming Events Section of the Website, Click Here to Submit Your New Tournament!

Please make sure the tournament isn't already listed so there are no duplicate entries.