Upcoming Events Ticker
  • Bowlage
    Bowlage

Another New York Bowling Center Permanently Closes

Sign in to follow this  

The full story can be viewed by Clicking here!

Auburn bowling alley Falcon Lanes has closed, according to a post on its Facebook page on Friday afternoon.

The 75 Pulaski St. bowling alley had been closed since early January. According to previous posts on the bowling alley's Facebook page, ownership had been working with the city's Code Enforcement Office and the Auburn Fire Department to bring the building into compliance following problems with its heating system. 

Friday, the bowling alley posted that it will not reopen, saying it was not affordable. 

"I would like to thank you all for your years of loyalty and patronage of my business," the post continued. "I cherish all the lasting friendships we've made through the years."  

Anyone with equipment or other items left at Falcon Lanes can pick it up between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, the post added.

According to The Citizen archives, Feldman and his late wife, Linda, purchased Falcon Lanes in 2007 after previously operating Cedar House Lanes in Skaneateles. Gary continues to own the building, while his granddaughter Michelle owns the business, which includes bar and kitchen Tidal Wave. Michelle is a star bowler who won 14 professional titles and was Bowling Digest's Bowler of the Year in 2002.

The 16-lane alley was previously named Polish Falcons Nest 74, which had been in operation for more than 100 years when the Feldmans bought it. It was first located on Washington Street.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Advertisement

The Bowlage.com Website contains the most complete, collective list of Bowling Tournaments and Upcoming Events in the Northeastern US!

However, we do miss some tournaments.  If you'd like to add a new tournament to the Upcoming Events Section of the Website, Click Here to Submit Your New Tournament!

Please make sure the tournament isn't already listed so there are no duplicate entries.