Upcoming Events Ticker
  • Bowlage
    Bowlage

17-Year-Old Patton Sets New Junior House Record at Bar-Don

Sign in to follow this  

The full article can be viewed by Clicking here!

The 2023-24 bowling season has been the year of the Juniors. Both the boys and girls are posting spectacular scores and this week was no different.

Kayla Patten recently registered her first career 700 when she posted 720 on the board at Hampton in the Lehigh Valley Junior Traveling League.

The 17-year-old, however, calls Bar-Don home and wanted to make her mark at the Palmer Township center.

She did just that last week while resetting the junior girls house record by tallying games of 221-245-259, for a 725 set. The score breaks the previous record of 723 held by Jacqui Reese.

“This 700 felt different from the first one,” said the senior at Easton Area High School. “To put up that score at Bar-Don felt great. In both 700s, I didn’t look at the scores, so I didn’t know I had it.”

Patten’s mom, Ellen, gave up her DV8 Collision and her dad, Jim, recently drilled it. The results were immediate.

“I got it drilled a couple of weeks ago, and I think I get a cleaner look,” Kayla said. “The ball goes longer down the lane, and I can hook it if I need to.”

Patten secured the record by dropping a five-bagger in the opening half of the 259. She opened but rebounded with four more plus the fill ball in the 10th, earning her a fist bump from mom.

“I’ve been bowling there since I was 6, and it’s amazing to have a record like that,” Patten said. “Covid kind of stopped my momentum, but I’m building back up. I feel confident and look to be more consistent.”

The 725 has her average near the 190 mark. Her high game is somewhere in the 260s.

Edited by Bowlage

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Advertisement

The Bowlage.com Website contains the most complete, collective list of Bowling Tournaments and Upcoming Events in the Northeastern US!

However, we do miss some tournaments.  If you'd like to add a new tournament to the Upcoming Events Section of the Website, Click Here to Submit Your New Tournament!

Please make sure the tournament isn't already listed so there are no duplicate entries.